Meeting began at 6:20 PM at the 10th Street Station
Board members in attendance:
– Marty Jacobs
– Tim Flaherty
– Jen McQuet
– Kenny Werth
One guest/new member – downtown resident, Frank Terraferma. He expressed an interest in being involved in historic preservation efforts and possibility being on the board.
– Joe Bruce was delayed on a business trip
– Krista Deustch-Frey was on vacation
– Eric Anderson did not respond
– Adopted unanimously
Introduction of New Board Member
– Kenny Werth – recent BSU grad with interest in historic preservation and city planning.
– We have $1,500 in City mini-grant funds.
– We have almost nothing in our Chase Bank fund.
– We need to solicit more sponsorship dollars or sell ads in a mailer.
Neighborhood Improvement Grants we are submitting on 1/31/17
– Union Block Archway Signage – request of $20k
– “Faces & Facades” Digital Imaging Project – request of $15k
– Old boise Entryway Signage – request of $60k
– All were approved without debate.
Priorities for 2018
– Redouble our efforts to get more emails on our list
– Frank said he can help with his access to Data Center (Central?)
– Jen will re-ask 119 neighbor for Jefferson list
– We love it. We need to do it.
– Joe, Jen & Tim need to get together to create the 1.0 version.
– Selling ads will be key.
– Having an opt-in to membership is also key.
– 2x a year to start……perhaps to go to 4x?
– NOT monthly
– Joe and Kenny to work together on exploring what’s happening with this….
– Marty suggested that when Fowler residents move in, they receive a letter or maybe even a small gift from the DBNA.
– All agreed!
– Jen promised to follow-up with the owners.
– We shouldn’t have to pay for this – should be on developer/owners/in Jen’s opinion.
– Tim & Jen to spearhead
– Marty handed off to Kenny the form to get permits.
– He will explore, set meetings and get back to us when he has a recommendation.
– In exchange for an ad(s) in our newsletter, we’ll ask the farmer’s market owners to supply us with a booth to promote DBNA efforts in the spring/summer/fall.
– Hopefully at JUMP
– Tim will fill out form for a date in late March/early April
– Cash bar
– Possibly a potluck?
Official Meeting ended at 7:40 p.m.