01 Sep Annual Meeting / Social Event
HEY, NEIGHBOR! JOIN US @ THE
DOWNTOWN BOISE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (DBNA)’s
Annual Meeting / Social Event
September 21st – 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Royal Plaza – 1112 Main Street – Rooftop Terrace
Food and drinks will be served
No fee to any downtown residents, but donations will be accepted.
RSVP by September 15th – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to make the DBNA a vibrant, up-to-date source of important community information (about new buildings, zoning, the homeless situation, noise ordinances, etc), provide social functions and enhance the overall desirability of our fantastic, rapidly growing urban center. If you’re interested in helping us make that happen (got web skills? want to represent us @ community events? etc.), make that point to the e-mail address above or seek out a board member at the event on the 21st. * The Downtown association is bound on the East side by 2nd and 1st St., on the West by 16th St. and Americana Blvd., on the North by State St., and on the South by the Boise River and Julia Davis Park. If in doubt, just e-mail and we will let you know.
DOWNTOWN BOISE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 6:30 -9:00PM
i- OPEN MEETING— WELCOMING REMARKS
ii-INTRODUCTION PROPOSED MEMBERS OF THE BOARD and OFFICERS
- Explanation of Executive Committee and governance
- Open the floor for nominations
- Calling for a vote and Appointment of the Board
iii-GUEST SPEAKERS (3 minutes per)
- Boise Chief of Police – William (Bill) Bones
- ACHD Director – Paul Woods
- CCDC Representative – Matt Edmonds
iv- INTRODUCTION OF SPONSORS & HONORED GUESTS
- Silver Sponsor – Bryant Forrester of Urban Concepts
- Silver Sponsor – TBD Rep. of Guru Donuts
- Gold Sponsor – Lynn Hightower of the DBA
- Gold Sponsor – Clay Carley of Old Boise, LLDC
- Scott Beechum – City of Boise Comprehensive Planning
- Tyler Bush – our fabulous web site guru
- Bob Bushnell – a 40 year resident of downtown Boise!
- & Tami Chafin – out-going President of the DBNA
– Presentation of flowers and thanks
v- NEXT STEPS:
- Upcoming City Agency Meetings of interest for Residents
- Next General Meeting
– tentatively schedule in late November.
– Members will be notified by e-mail.