DOWNTOWN BOISE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (DBNA)
ANNUAL MEETING/SOCIAL MINUTES
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 6:30 -9:00PM
CALL TO ORDER
The annual meeting of the DBNA was held at the above location and began at approximately
OUT-GOING BOARD MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE
• Tami Chafin
• Jude Shannon
INTRODUCTION OF PROPOSED MEMBERS OF THE BOARD AND OFFICERS
Proposed for the following Executive offices:
• President – Marty Jacobs (in attendance)
• VP – Tim Flaherty – (in attendance)
• Sec/Treasury – Jen McQuet (in attendance)
Proposed as members of the board:
• Joe Bruce – (in attendance)
• Christy Echevarria (not in attendance)
• Eric Anderson (in attendance)
• Karen Falk (in attendance)
Brief explanation of Executive Committee and governance.
Floor was opened for nominations.
Krista Deutsch-Frey was nominated.
There was a call for vote and appointment of the board.
All yeas, no nays.
INTRUCTION OF GUEST SPEAKERS
• Boise Chief of Police – William (Bill) Bones Addressed downtown PD issues
• ACHD Commissioner – Paul Wood Spoke about downtown roads
• CCDC Representative – Matt Edmonds Gave update on Union Alley
• Corby Akers – Freak Alley Gallery Gave update on Freak Alley
Each spoke for approximately 3-5 minutes.
INTRODUCTION OF SPONSORS & HONORED GUESTS
• Silver Sponsor – Bryant Forrester of Urban Concepts
• Silver Sponsor – TBD Rep. of Guru Donuts
• Gold Sponsor – Lynn Hightower of the DBA
• Gold Sponsor – Clay Carley of Old Boise, LLC
• Kathleen Lacey – City of Boise
• Tyler Bush – DBNA web designer
• Bob Bushnell – a 40 year resident of downtown Boise
• Tami Chafin – out-going President of the DBNA
o Tami was presented with flowers and a card and incoming board members
thanked her for her years of service.
None of them spoke.
City Candidates Forum on Tuesday Oct. 24th @ 7:00 at location TBD.
UPCOMING BDNA MEETING
Tentatively scheduled for late November. Members will be notified by e-mail.
At 7:49 p.m. the meeting ended and remaining attendees stayed for the social event which
lasted another 1 ½ hours.